Wednesday, April 05, 2006

WARNING....Kleenax may be needed to read this post




Ok you know I talked about how Alex was on her last leg yesterday....well apparently she really was. She wound up having some kind of seizure or stroke yesterday afternoon. I took her to the vet and he recommended that we put her to sleep, so we did. WE ARE SOOOO SAD.

Ya’ know, I have NEVER in my life been so attached to an animal before. She was such a wonderful, sweet, calm, thoughtful dog. Yes thoughtful....she came and checked on me every morning while I was in the bathroom getting ready (she's done this her whole life)... not expecting to get petted just to check on me...she always let Annie(the other dog) go first...she always knew when we felt bad and needed some attention. Her favorite spot to lay was usually under Koby's feet at our breakfast bar. In our grieving last night we quietly joked at how we were sitting at the bar...both of us had our feet up off the ground out of her way, since that was her spot.

Annie is sad too. She is 11 years old and has been with Alex all her life. Poor girl, doesn't know what's going on. We tried to get her to come and sleep with us last night and she wouldn't. She was laying behind the dinning table this morning and wouldn't come out from there either. I'm going to go get her some bones and treats this afternoon. Eating always makes ME feel better when I'm sad.

She was the best dog EVER. We're gonna miss her a lot.

I think I have learned not to say the phrase "what else can happen this week". HOPEFULLY it will get better!

8 comments:

Mere Ware said...

I am sooo sad for you and Annie. Just think...she is playing with Callie and Pearl now! Oohh...I just teared up writing that!

Anonymous said...

You are right, Alex was the best dog ever. I know everyone thinks that of their pet but she REALLY WAS! It was sad to see her go but I think it was the right decision. She was the runt but outlived her siblings. Callie and Pearl will be glad to see her.

Anonymous said...

She was my buddy..........

momsuet said...

Oh, too sad! I have to say that Callie's pups were all the "best dogs ever!" They were all soooo very sweet. Heaven has to have all my dogs waiting for me: Skippy, Pudge, Yoko, Otis, Dandy, Addie, Callie, Pearl...

Anonymous said...

I know she was your buddy Koby, I'm so sorry.

Sue - I remember back as far as Yoko!

heatherw said...

I am so sad for you guys, that must have been such a hard decision. Yes, I can see all the pets of yon frolicking in the fields of heaven! Alex was a wonderful pet! I hope Mac is there too!

Mom I remember Pudge, he would howl when Dad played the harmonica!

Anonymous said...

Mike played the harmonica? I had no idea!

momsuet said...

MY Dad...