(PAUSE: let's remember her condition shall we....she's 82 years old, on 24/7 oxygen, not real stable on her feet, incontinent often, and has Alzheimers. About a year ago we took all of her panties away and put depends in her panty drawer so that when she messed all over herself we could just throw them away. At the time she didn't even realize that we had done it, or just didn't care.)
Back to the announcement.... She stood up and declared that while the whole family was at their house over New Years for their anniversary, someone stole her panties and she wanted them back!
(PAUSE: She's told us this before. She has actually called each family member previously and accused them of taking her panties....the scary part is that a couple of us have honestly confessed to her and she doesn't remember that either! We might as well tell her it was Colonel Mustard in the ballroom with the candle stick!)
As she is making her announcement she stands up and says. "Until someone confesses and brings me my panties, or y'all take up a collection to buy me new panties this is what I am wearing!"

SHE IS WEARING MY GRANDDADS UNDERWEAR! YES....she REALLY is! I'm pretty sure there wasn't a dry eye at the table from laughing so hard! Is this the appropriate time to discuss table etiquette! DON'T DROP TROU AT THE DINNER TABLE GRANNY!
All of this never even phased my granddad. I think he is so use to her....oddness...lately that he doesn't even pay attention! Kind of like when she feeds their birds scrambled eggs. He says nothing, and cleans all of the eggs out of their cage later. Granny, birds don't like to eat eggs, that’s cannibalism!
Getting to see everyone, and the kids is always a highlight. However, this Easter will always be remembered as the one when granny dropped trou!
5 comments:
Funniest moment in history! When she first started talking about someone having taken her underwear, everyone's eyes were glued to their plates, no one would make eye contact. Then when she stood up - OH MY WORD, it was so funny!
LOL! WHOOO HOO. (slapping knee) I LOVE IT!!
What a great event! I sent a copy of your blog to all my friends! They loved it!
Oh my gosh...found this through Mere's blog...funniest thing ever!
We had the world's best Easter! Yes, I admit I was feeling a bit akward because I though she was going to drop trou and show us her Depends!
Post a Comment