Friday, January 18, 2008

Blake's initials ...

It's Linda again with a very important blog message. All you lurkers need to vote. In my kitchen at the top of the wall (actually on the side of the air conditioning ducts) there are talavera type painted tiles. These tiles have the initials of family members. Now that baby Blake is here, she needs a tile. Where should it be? Some family members (no Koby, I'm not going to mention your name) have spent many hours deciding on just the right tile. Oh, the tiles are painted such that we can remove the center design and add initials. Disclaimer: Ryan and Mere get the final vote.



This is the wall above the frig. It has "SBT" for Sue, "LJD" for Linda, "EOT" for Dad, and "RGH" for Reegan.



This is the wall above the sink. It has "MMT" for Meredith, "LEW" for Laine, "MET" for Mike, and "KDH" for Koby.



This is the wall above the entrance from the living room and it turns back toward the frig. It has "MJT" for Mom, "RMD" for Robin and I think that is all.


This is the wall where the utility room door is. The top row has "RMW" for Ryan. The bottom row has "HLW" for Heather, "JRW" for Jonathan, and "BCW" for Bowen.

6 comments:

heatherw said...

I vote for the wall with the least initials!

29again said...

I love those tiles!! That is soooooo cute. I'm confused. Did you paint them all yourself or where did you get them?

Anonymous said...

29 - I had a girl paint them. I originally wanted to put actual talavera tiles up there but logistics pushed me to the paint. They are painted so if we want to add initials we can paint over the center design and add initials.

Shauna said...

I love your tiles! What a fantastic idea and you will have to live there forever so you dont have to worry about peeling them all off and taking them with you! I have no idea where Blake should go! Whereever they want, I guess! You know what I do have an opinion about though: I think that baby should have more pictures posted on the internet!

Anonymous said...

Shauna, I agree with you. Blake is almost in high school and we haven't seen pictures since she was a week old.

suetmom said...

I vote for balance.....wall with the least initials.