Thursday, February 28, 2008

Koby's birth mother called again last night. She started with the excuse that she thought of more medical information. They were things like...they all wear glasses, she has a high tolerance for medication...she poops on a daily basis (ok so not really THAT one). It was just an excuse to call. She just wanted to talk.

There are 2 perspectives on this. 1. Hers: she has finally figured out after 30 years where her only child is and she's excited. 2. Mine: She's rushing me! This is all new....It's a process....don't rush me! She is really a nice lady don't get me wrong. I just have to ease into change...I've always been that way. Plus, i guess I have always selfishly liked being the main woman in his life. I realize she's not MY birth mother....but she's someone I loves....and Reegan and I feel rushed! ;)

As far as Koby's feelings....I guess you'll have to ask him. It's a sensitive subject with him and he isn't quite as open about things as i can be....

Reegan's latest answer to any question is 'no'. "Did you have a good day at school?" ..."no"...."are you hungry".... "no"...then immediately goes to the fridge and whines! it can be pretty comical! "Did Ms. Teri feed you today"..."no" ....."Is daddy your favorite" ..."no" (yeah right!). I think it's more the expression on her face that is most funny. The child has more facial expressions than a clown! She's hilarious! I'll have to try to video this one day....

We're doing better on staying home and cooking vs. eating out. The extra 9 lbs I'm carrying around would appreciate it if i would continue the eating spree and add on some more 'friends' (aka:lbs). We've both started working out periodically and going on walks with Ree in the evenings. Ok, so we never EVER go to McDonalds.....this was just a funny sign!!!

Amber should be having baby Kylen sometime today!!! I can't wait to see her!

Spring break is 11 school days away! I am so excited!!! I am in desperate need of a break! I have the school burnout real bad. I really wish that I could just work 1/2 day....somehow I don't see that happening!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did that sign come from? Did you alter it? It's pretty funny.

About BM (Birth Mom) - give Koby some time. This is new for him and he may not be ready for a long time. Or ever. But that's his decision.

As for you, you've always had to have time to prepare for change. But you also love drama in your life! Whose child are you?

heatherw said...

I like time to get used to stuff too. No rushing for me...

I can't imagine what Koby is feeling right now, I'm sure it's all running 1,000 miles an hour in his head.

robin said...

i don't LIKE drama...I just want to 'fix' everyone in it!

29again said...

Wow...alot going on in your house. What an interesting story about Koby. I had no idea. That lady is lucky to have a neat family like you guys no matter how you choose to proceed.