I had such a relaxing weekend. We went to a hunting show where Koby's new J-O-B had a booth. He had to work all weekend at the booth but it was still fun. It is so nice that he finally likes a job. It changes the whole attitude of our house! He enjoys going to work everyday, and is happy when he comes home. WOW What a concept! :)
Ok I skeptically started doing this about 3 weeks ago and it really works! I have made a dinner Menu for the month. Scary huh...Don't laugh! I have a friend that I work with that does it and talked me into it. I sat down one night and made a list of all the things I know how to cook, and then looked up a few more in my cook books just to add some variety. I only plan 4-5 meals for the week in case we go out or have leftovers. I look at the menu on Sunday, make a list of what I need, and go to the grocery store. IT MAKES THINGS SO EASY! There is none of the "what the heck are we going to eat tonight" while you are staring into the pantry. If I have a really easy meal on Monday then I can go ahead and start chopping up stuff for Tuesday's dinner. You have no idea how much easier this makes things!!! I don't know why I didn't do this a long time ago!
Anyway, what brought up that whole idea is that I was out of town yesterday and didn't go to the grocery store, sooooooo I either have to go after school, or do the old 'pantry stare' and wonder what the heck are we having for dinner tonight!
Moving On...
14 years ago
2 comments:
Wheat Thins and diet coke!
Isn't it great?! I'm really good at that when I make a big grocery trip. Sometimes I'll make a meal and do something in the crickpot for the next day too. That way not only do you have it picked out but it's cooked when you get home. Both things that are very important when you have a little baby to hold. We had Steak Soup for dinner, great for leftover steak. Also I'm the queen of easy food so I'll always share ideas.
Post a Comment